To provide right and timely services and correct information to our members with an ever growing service concept in mind and to eliminate any obstacles in the international and national regulations which hinder the development of the maritime shipping, the purpose of which is to make Turkish Shipping Sector develop in a free and fair competitive atmosphere and contribute to the development of our country In cooperation with public and private sectors.
To achieve the ideal of becoming a Maritime Nation and a Maritime Country.
THE BASIC VALUES
- Quality in Service
- Member and Employee Satisfaction
- Respect for Shareholder Expectations
- Prestige & Trustworthiness
- Impartiality & Transparency
- Engaged and Active
- Continuous Development
- Cooperation, Tolerance and Respect as principles
- Socially Responsible
- Environmental Awareness
- By giving priority to the public interest, to protect the rights of the Turkish Shipping Sector which it represents.
- By observing the principles of objectivity and reliability, to meet the needs of its members fully, correctly and on time within the framework of duties and responsibilities given to it by the Regulations concerned and the demands of its members.
- By pursuing sustainable policies at domestic and foreign markets as well as in the international arena, to keep the service quality of the shipping industry at a high level within the framework of free market economy.
- To contribute to the national economy by supporting the educational needs in the shipping industry.
- To ensure that the requirements of the quality management system are observed and that the system is continuously improved.
- To ensure that our employees are well-trained and highly-motivated as this is essential to providing service according to the quality management system standards.
According to its "Vision" and "Mission", our Chamber commits to maintain its service quality and to set an example for public institutions as well as other institutions in a continuous and consistent way, with an understanding of itself as a "Service Institution"
which can be realized together with its employees and members.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICY
- To establish an organizational structure which will meet the ever changing and developing needs by reviewing continuously the effectiveness of the Chamber's organizational structure, defined according to the requirements of the services provided by the Chamber.
- To ensure that the professional competencies, management understandings and service capacities are continuously developed and enhanced with modern management understandings and techniques.
- To ensure the realization of the practices which meet the expectations to the advantage of both the Chamber and its employees by reviewing continuously the effectiveness of the human resources functions.
- To support educational, cultural, social and technological work and researches about the environment in cooperation with our members and employees so that an awareness of the environment is generated, enhanced and made widespread.
- To assist to the work carried out about the national and international regulations as well as the EU Environmental norms and the harmonisation efforts accordingly.
- To ensure that environmental-friendly products and technologies are developed and used as regards to the protection of maritime - To cooperate with the institutions and bodies concerned with the sea pollution, an issue with international dimensions.
- To support the establishment and management of the facilities in order to prevent the discharge of the wastes into the sea, to minimize them, to separate them in their source, to recycle them as far as possible and to arrange their reuse within the framework of the sustainable development and protection of the ecological balance as requested in MARPOL 73/78.
- To make widespread the awareness as to the prevention of the ecosystem's being disrupted and destroyed, in relation to the protection of the maritime environment.
- To protect the fund assets supplied by our members and to ensure that they are used in a most right and efficient way in order to reach the strategical aims and targets specified within the scope of our Chamber's mission, vision and basic values, by taking the needs of our members, the facilitation and development of their professional activities and solidarity as a basis.
- To use our financial resources most efficiently and in a way which will contribute best to the development of our shipping sector, including any contributions to the maritime education, by taking as a basis the principles of transparency and accountability
- To convey information effectively and swiftly about the national and international developments in the shipping sector to the target group composed of interior customers (the employees), exterior customers (people and bodies concerned with shipping and to whom service is provided), the public sector (high state officials, the ministries, the municipal affiliates etc.), media (opinion leaders) and the academic circles (universities, academicians), with the purpose of developing and making widely known the Turkish shipping sector and for our country to take its deserved place among prominent maritime nations as well as for our members' to get the information they need for their commercial activities.
- To reach to the people which know our Chamber only partially and are unaware of the services of our Chamber, as well as others that neither know the public strength of the Turkish Chamber of Shipping, nor its value for our country.
- To establish a clear, understandable, effective and trustworthy communication with the target group contacted with, within and outside the Chamber.
- To convey to the target group the views and suggestions as well as the work and activities carried out by our Chamber, through getting use of the possibilities in the field of information and communication technologies, to establish most effective communication methods by consulting our members and partners about communication means to be used.
- Depending on the content of message to be conveyed, to reach the target group by visual and written media, through the Chamber's web page as well as by electronic mail, SMS messages, fax, telephone, social media (with #imeakdto, #denizcimilletdenizciülke hashtags), post and also with panels placed within the building of the Chamber
- To publish in its monthly publication called "Maritime Trade Magazine – Deniz Ticareti Dergisi" which covers the national and international activities, the views of the Chamber on various subjects, the information facilitating the professional activities of its members, and the up-to-date national and international problems which appear in the shipping sector, with the purpose of conveying them to its target group.
- To publish every year the "Shipping Sector Report" which covers the developments as regards to the shipping sector in the world, the subjects concerning the Turkish shipping directly and indirectly and also the"Activities Report" which consists of the Turkish Chamber of Shipping's activities, and to ensure that they are accessed by the Chamber's target group.
- To publish and to send to the target group the monthly bulletins which cover the news from the Chamber and the shipping sector.
- To prepare press releases and publications in accordance with the purpose and goals of the Chamber.
- To keep the Chamber's web page and social media accounts up-to-date, so that they will address to the needs and expectations of its members.
- On special days and weeks recognised by the Executive Committee of the Turkish Chamber of Shipping, to convey to the target group the Chamber's congratulation messages, good wishes and expectations through newspaper advertisements, the web page as well as by electronic mails, SMS messages and social media.
- To keep up-to-date the data basis for contact details of the local and national press institutions to ensure effective communication.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES POLICY
- To adopt quality as the approach for ensuring that the Turkish Chamber of Shipping achieves a steady growth and attains an international identity and to record a continuous improvement in accordance with the ever developing technologies.
- To provide world-class service to its members and others concerned and to facilitate the professional activities of its members by following up the technological innovations with a strong and corporational infrastructure.
By the Information and the Information Technologies Policy, the use of licenced software, keeping under control the internet traffic, acting in accordance with the Law No:5651 and the Regulations issued according to this Law are being arranged with care and discipline.